Water damage and restoration in Tallahassee and Northern Florida
Water is an essential part of life. But it also can be destructive if it goes where it shouldn’t. Associated Services Cleaning and Restoration has years of experience in water damage restoration in Tallahassee and Northern Florida. We can help you with water damage mitigation:
- Water extraction and/or removal
- Flood extraction and drying
- Structural drying, (ceilings, walls, and floors)
- Sewage removal, cleanup and sanitation
- Water and mold abatement,
- Inspection services
- and odor removal.
Water damage can occur as a result of:
- Natural disasters: Living in a hurricane-prone region makes northern Florida a vulnerable area for excessive amounts of water which can lead to flooding. Heavy rainstorms can also result in flooding.
- Broken pipes: One of the most common causes of water damage are leaking and broken water pipes. Over time, even a small leak can cause major damage.
- Clogged drains: Dirt, grease, and hair can clog drains. Over time clogged drains can cause pipes to break down which can result in damage such as warped floorboards, walls, and more.
- Appliances: Over time, the pipes and hoses in dishwashers, washing machines, garbage disposals, and refrigerators can rust and weaken causing leaks to occur which can then lead to water damage.
- Structural problems: Water can drip through concrete and crawl spaces. This can lead to mold growth and rotting. If gutters have leaves, branches or other debris, water can back up and cause damage to shingles, siding, and damage inside the home.
Effects of water damage:
Even with maintenance and being proactive, sometimes unforeseen events will occur causing water damage to your home. Water damage can be significant and impact ceilings, floors, carpets, drywall, appliances, and more. In addition: water damage can:
- facilitate mold growth which can lead to health problems,
- damage electrical systems,
- attract pests and bugs such as cockroaches, carpenter ants, silverfish,
- destroy personal items, including furniture and clothes,
- damage the structure of the home, and
- negatively impact the home’s value.
Water Damage Restoration Specialists
If the damage is severe you will need a professional service to restore your property. Associated Services Cleaning and Restoration is here to help. Our certified technicians are experienced in water damage mitigation and restoration. We use state-of-the-art tools and equipment and follow a process that ensures your property is restored to its original condition and your satisfaction.
At Associated Service Cleaning and Restoration, we adhere to a systematic process to complete the water damage restoration:
- Inspect and Assess: There are four levels of water damage —Class 1 through Class 4. Class 1 damage indicates relatively minor damage; Class 4 is the most extensive. Our staff inspects to determine which class the damage will be categorized.
They also identify where water is coming from, make sure it has stopped, and determine the level of contamination. Contamination falls into one of three categories:
- Category 1: Clean – The water originated from a sanitary source; therefore, does not present a significant health risk.
- Category 2: Grey – Examples of gray water sources include toilet bowl overflows discharges from dishwashers, and water from washing machines. This category of water contamination poses a substantial health risk if consumed or touched.
- Category 3: Black – This category includes water that is grossly contaminated and contains dangers pathogens and biohazards. Some examples include toilet backflows, river water, and seawater intrusion. This type of contamination can cause severe illness and infections.
- Remove the water: Standing water can cause damage so it must be removed as soon as possible. During the water extraction process high-powered pumps and vacuums are used.
- Dry and Dehumidify: State-of-the-art drying equipment and dehumidifiers are used to dry out anything that still has water or was not removed during the extraction step. Monitoring is done until it is determined that the moisture levels are low enough that professional cleaning can begin.
- Clean and Sanitize: During the cleaning stage we work to preserve as much personal property as possible. Various techniques such as foam and immersion cleaning may be used. If necessary, mold remediation will take place during this step.
- Restoration: This is the step in which the home is restored to the state it was in before the water damage event occurred. Depending on the amount of damage this could be a relatively simple step or quite extensive.
If, unfortunately, your home suffers water damage call the experts at Associated Service Cleaning and Restoration, 850-681-3148. We are here for you 24/7. We will assess the damage and develop a comprehensive restoration plan to get your home back to normal.
Make us your first choice so we won't have to be your second! Get it right the first time.