What is the Novel Coronavirus?
By now, we have all heard the name—Coronavirus—also known as COVID-19. It has gotten the entire world’s attention. COVID-19 is a dangerous, newly mutated strain of Coronavirus and is thought to spread person-to-person through things like coughing, sneezing, or touching an object or surface that is contaminated with the virus and then touching your face before washing your hands. It is highly contagious and should be taken seriously. Steps should be taken to minimize the spread of the virus.
The most common symptoms of Coronavirus infection include fever, cough, shortness of breath, and possible breathing difficulties. People who become infected with COVID-19 can have symptoms that range from mild to severe; the worst cases resulting in death. COVID-19 is especially dangerous to the <60 population and the immunocompromised.
Recommendations to prevent infection
Although there is currently no vaccine available to prevent the Coronavirus, both the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have provided recommendations to prevent becoming ill. Some of these include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds. Repeat often.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes, and nose.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze in the crook of your arm OR into a tissue—throw the tissue away immediately and wash your hands.
- Avoid large crowds.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- The CDC recommends facemasks are reserved for frontline healthcare staff and caregivers of the sick only.
Coronavirus Remediation Services Provided by Associated Services
In the event your business or property becomes contaminated by the Coronavirus, it will need to be remediated—the term used for sanitizing, decontaminating, and disinfecting. Associated Services located in Tallahassee provides microbial remediation to kill viruses in all types of commercial properties including:
- Sports venues
- Shopping strips
- Medical offices
- And more
The process of remediating your property will generally include the following steps:
- Secure the property.
- Designate contamination areas as Hot, Warm, and Cold.
- Set equipment to control the ambient conditions.
- Thoroughly clean the area. Test before and after condition with ATP meters.
- Disinfect the contaminated areas.
- Testing the areas for clearance.
Associated Services adheres to all federal regulations. Our team is highly trained, certified, and experienced in Biological cleaning. Our equipment and cleaning products are of the highest quality available. Associated Services is available 24/7 for you. Call us 850-681-3148, 850-524-6763 or go to our Contact Page
See our Final Cleaning Steps HERE
Helpful information on the latest updates for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus can be found below:
World Health Organization
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Florida Department of Health